Public Records Requests
The Seattle Housing Authority Public Records Officer is:
190 Queen Anne Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
Phone: (206) 615-3315
Fax: (206) 615-3509
Requests for public records
A request for a public record or records should be in writing and identify, as precisely as possible, the specific record or records requested. Request may be made by letter, fax or email. No particular format is required, but the following information should be included in the request:
- Name and address of requestor;
- Contact information, including telephone number and email address;
- A description of the requested record(s) that will allow the Public Records Officer to locate the records.
Within five business days of the date the Public Records Officer receives a record request, the Public Records Officer will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the request and provide an estimate of time necessary for further response; or
- Deny the request and provide an explanation of the basis for the denial; or
- Ask for a clarification of the request.
At the requester choice, public records may be viewed at no cost at the Housing Authority’s offices during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm) or photocopies or electronic copies of the records will be provided.
A fee of $0.15 per page will be charged for copies of documents, including electronic copies of paper documents, up to 11”x17”. Charges for copies of larger documents will be based upon the actual cost of reproduction.
The Housing Authority may require the requester to deposit a sum equal to 10 percent of the estimated copying cost prior to copying the records requested. If a deposit is required, the Public Records Officer will advise the requester of the amount of the deposit.
When a large number of records are requested, copies may be provided in segments and the requester may be required to pay the copying cost for each segment before the next segment is copied.