Audio introductions of Seattle Housing programs available in ten languages
Multi-language audio introductions available by telephone or online
SEATTLE — January 19, 2011 — To benefit people who may not be fluent readers of English, the Seattle Housing Authority this week rolled out recorded introductions to its programs in ten languages, English and nine others, each accessed via its own telephone number and on SeattleHousing.org.
Each recording gives a brief introduction to the Housing Authority’s programs. The recordings direct listeners to the appropriate office for more information about each of these programs and communities, and give the business hours for each office.
People who are not proficient in English who call any Seattle Housing Authority office may ask for an interpreter who speaks their own language. During business hours, interpretation is provided on the spot and without charge.
If a listener to the English recording selected every available option, the recording would last about seven minutes. The other language recordings are slightly longer.
The ten recordings may be heard by calling these telephone numbers:
- 206-256-7001 -- English
- 206-256-7002 -- Amharic
- 206-256-7003 -- Cambodian/Khmer
- 206-256-7004 -- Cantonese
- 206-256-7005 -- Mandarin
- 206-256-7006 -- Russian
- 206-256-7007 -- Somali
- 206-256-7008 -- Spanish
- 206-256-7009 -- Tigrinya
- 206-256-7010 -- Vietnamese
The audio introductions provide information on the following:
- the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program
- the Low Income Public Housing program
- Seattle Senior Housing program
- the three communities redeveloped by Seattle Housing (High Point, New Holly, and Rainier Vista)
- the affordable properties managed by the agency’s Impact Property Management division