Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) project-based funding application
Service lets users list and search affordable housing for free
SEATTLE — November 7, 2012 — Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) is requesting proposals from non-profit housing providers to partner with SHA in an application to the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for a waiver to project based VASH vouchers. SHA will request for up to eight VASH vouchers to be project based. Vouchers must be leased no later than March 31, 2013.
Each interested applicant should review HUD notice PIH 2011-50(HA)for program intent and requirements.
SHA will select an application partner based upon the following information:
- Scoring criteria (a) – The proposal must state when the project units will be ready for occupancy.
- Scoring criteria (b) - The proposal must describe the HUD-VASH related supportive services on or near the site and/or services available from sources other than the VA that will supplement the VA case management services. This should include information regarding the proximity and accessibility of the proposed site to services and resources, as detailed in HUD notice PIH 2011-50(HA).
- Scoring criteria (c) – The proposal must provide a property address and poverty rate for the census tract for the project units and the total number of PBV units in the project.
- Scoring criteria (e) – The proposal must include the experience of the developer and/or owner of the project units in the management and development of supportive housing unit for veterans, homeless, elderly and/or disabled families.
- Scoring criteria (f) – The proposal must include an affirmative statement that and a description of how the project follows the Housing First approach in its admission and service practices. Please see the HUD-VASH Resource Guide for more information.
Applications will be evaluated in coordination with other Service and Operating funders in King County. As a result, projects will be evaluated based on 1) the need for this project based subsidy and 2) alignment of other operating resources within the building.
All proposals must be by 4 p.m. on Friday, November 16, 2012. Proposals should be sent as pdf files to Nancie White, email@example.com.